I purchased a master class for my daughter in England for her birthday in June and I’m still not in receipt and I have no one to contact.

I purchased a master class for my daughter in England for her birthday in June and Im still not in receipt and I have no one to contact. Where are the customer service phone numbers and information? How do I get either my money back or give my daughter her birthday gift six months later?

User's recommendation: I’m not thrilled with this company although I’ve heard good things about them for customer service seems to suck.

Bridgeport, Connecticut
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Verified Reviewer

Masterclass dot com RIPPED US OFF for one year of service!

My wife and I both travel. She was in China and I am in the US. We noticed that we had both bought a subscription to this company's one year service around Christmas. She returned to the US and when tested we discovered that she has Stage 3 cancer so this caught us both up into a whole new stratosphere of issues. In the meantime, we had a laugh that we both had subscribed to this service - kind of like both spouses accidentally ordering a subscription to the Wall Street Journal (with the notable exception that the Wall Street Journal will cancel one of the subscriptions when you contact them, unlike this service which insists upon keeping 180.00 of our money for an honest mistake on our part.) Yes, we were 17 days over the "30 day" grace period, but that has nothing to do with the fact that WE DIDN'T KNOW we both had ordered it until she returned to the states. Also, the 30 day period is meant to be for people who decide they "don't want" the service, not a couple who use the same computer and "read the same paper" together. To add insult to injury, I additionally also bought a subscription for a friend for Christmas - in effect having now paid for THREE services. The part that creeps us out to the point that we no longer wish to be involved with this company in any manner is that we even said they could 'pro rate' her subscription, taking off for the month and 17 days that transpired and even round it off to two. When they said "we can't refund" we even offered the skin flints to just roll the remainder of her year into another year on my account and drop hers. Unfortunately (for us, hate it when companies are so stingy that "us" is always literally us, never them) that idea didn't fly either. In fact the only idea that flew with them is their pocketing our entire second inadvertent payment without even a hearty "THANKS". Screw this company. I will neither endorse it nor use it again. I work full-time in the entertainment industry in L.A. The money means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to me, but these people acting like *** does. I will not forget - and neither will I forget to broadcast - their sleazy ethics whenever and where ever it is possible, including at large concerts when we're on stage. What goes around comes around (and around and around and around). Please, if you are reading this, help people to understand the *** nature of this company's business ethics. I would really appreciate it if you would post links so others can read this and thus BEWARE of companies that undertake this kind of underhanded and predatory business behavior.
ID
Pros
  • Some quality programming
Cons
  • We accidentally ordered the same service twice
  • This company is dishonest
  • Will not refund the money for the second subscription
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer

This company ripped us off for a year's service!

My wife and I both travel. She was in China and I am in the US. We noticed that we had both bought a subscription to this company's 1 year service around Christmas. She returned to the US and when tested we discovered that she has Stage 3 cancer so this caught us both up into a whole new stratosphere of issues. In the meantime, we had a laugh that we both had subscribed to this service - kind of like both spouses accidentally ordering a subscription to the Wall Street Journal (with the notable exception that the Wall Street Journal will cancel one of the subscriptions when you contact them, unlike this service which insists upon keeping 180.00 of our money for an honest mistake on our part. Yes, we were 17 days over the "30 day" grace period, but that has nothing to do with the fact that WE DIDN'T KNOW we both had ordered it until she returned to the states. Also, the 30 day period is meant to be for people who decide they "don't want" the service, not a couple who use the same computer and "read the same paper together. To add insult to injury, I actually bought a subscription for a friend for Christmas - in effect having now paid for THREE services. The part that creeps us out to the point that we don't even want to be involved with this company is that we even said they could 'pro rate' her subscription, taking off for the month and 17 days that transpired. When they said "we can't refund" we even offered the skin flints to just roll the remainder of her year into another year on my account and drop hers. Unfortunately (for us, hate it when companies are so stingy that "us" is always literally us, never them) that idea didn't fly either. In fact the only idea that flew with them is their pocketing our entire second inadvertent payment without even a hearty "THANKS". Screw this company. I will neither endorse it nor use it again. I work in the entertainment industry in L.A. The money means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to me, but these people acting like *** does. I will not forget - and neither will I forget to broadcast their sleazy ethics whenever and where ever it is possible, including at large concerts. What goes around comes around (and around and around and around) Please, if you are reading this, help people to understand the *** nature of this company's business ethics. I would really appreciate it if you would post links so others can read this and thus BEWARE of companies that undertake this kind of underhanded and predatory business behavior.

Sounds like a communication problem---between you and the misses. Gotta follow the rules regarding cancellation of products. This is how we learn.

@Machele

There was no comminication between us. That's the point...

DUH! If you put a bag of money in a deposit box at a closed bank and the slip is missing a zero, the company doesn't say "you wrote 1000.00 instead of 10,000 so that's what we are going to process. Hope you've learned." We are being charged for two services. No company I've ever run, or done business with behaves in this manner.

It would take them nothing to politely refund and, at this point, apologize for wasting my time.

Hope you can find something better to do with your time than give kooky "advice". Don't need it - but thanks anyway.

View more comments (1)
ID

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article